Great Things Are Happening Under The Canopy
Each year, Trees Columbus hosts a multitude of Tree Tours, the Tree Climb and our annual membership party, Spring for the Green. We are adding some new and exciting events this year: the first-ever Wild & Scenic 'On Tour' Film Festival, 3 different screenings of inspiring environmental documentaries, as well as a Special Anniversary Arbor Day celebration in February 2018!
Wild & scenic film festival
Get Inspired! Join us Friday and Saturday, July 27-28 for a two-day film festival featuring more than 20 films that showcase enviornmental activism and adventure. Witness how individuals and communities across the globe are getting involved for the sake of the our environment and future generations.
Audubon Habitat planting
Join us on Saturday, March 24 from 9am - 11am at the North entrance to the Fall Line Trace on Psalmond Road. Through a partnership with The Audubon Society, Trees Columbus and volunteers will plant bird habitats along the Fall Line Trace.
Plant, Preserve, and Protect: Columbus Georgia Arbor Day Celebration 2018
Join Trees Columbus for Arbor Day February 15-17 with a series of special events celebrating Columbus’s 40th anniversary as Georgia’s first Tree City USA. Events include the Wild and Scenic Film Festival, Green Patriot poster contest, tree planting, and an Uptown Urban Canopy tour. The tour will include renowned urban environmental research expert Dr. Kathleen Wolf and local business owners.
Columbus has been planting, preserving, and protecting our urban forest for over 40 years. Our community is home to patriots and heroes of all kinds. Help us celebrate past and current heroes, and foster future Green Patriots!
- Thursday, February 15 5:30pm, Dot McClure Theater: Plant, Preserve, Protect “Wild and Scenic” Film Festival screening and discussion
- Friday, February 16, 11am, WC Bradley Gallery “Plant, Preserve, Protect” lecture and UpTown Urban Canopy Tour Sponsored by the Columbus Coalition for Sound Growth
- Friday, February 16 3pm, Uptown Hammock Park
- Friday, February 16, 5:30pm-7pm, CSU Corn Center for the Visual Arts “Plant, Preserve, Protect” Green Patriot Poster Exhibition Reception and Awards
- Saturday, February 17, 10:30am CSU Bay Gallery “Wild and Scenic” Children’s Film Screening and Story Time
Contact us here for more information.