Great Things Are Happening Under The Canopy
Each year, Trees Columbus hosts a multitude of Tree Tours, the Tree Climb and our annual membership party, Spring for the Green. We are adding some new and exciting events this year: the first-ever Wild & Scenic 'On Tour' Film Festival, 3 different screenings of inspiring environmental documentaries, as well as a Special Anniversary Arbor Day celebration in February 2018!
Linwood dragonfly planting: in honor of Mr. Kyle Spencer
Screening: Feb. 15 & 17, 2018
Join us in February for two more sneak peek opportunities. Feb. 15 will be our adult screening at The Springer Opera House's Dot McClure Theatre. Feb. 17 will be our children's screening located at CSU's Seaboard Depot Studio Arts Building. Click below for each screening's lineup.
Spring For The Green
April 17, 2018
Spring for the Green, the Trees Columbus annual membership party and fundraiser, celebrates the end of a successful planting season each year. Please join us for bluegrass music, Country's Barbecue and beer and wine on the beautiful grounds of the Spencer Environmental Center. Bring the family. A fenced yard provides safe and family-friendly fun for all ages.
Plant, Preserve, and Protect: Columbus Georgia Arbor Day Celebration 2018
Join Trees Columbus for Arbor Day February 15-17 with a series of special events celebrating Columbus’s 40th anniversary as Georgia’s first Tree City USA. Events include the Wild and Scenic Film Festival, Green Patriot poster contest, tree planting, and an Uptown Urban Canopy tour. The tour will include renowned urban environmental research expert Dr. Kathleen Wolf and local business owners.
Columbus has been planting, preserving, and protecting our urban forest for over 40 years. Our community is home to patriots and heroes of all kinds. Help us celebrate past and current heroes, and foster future Green Patriots!
- Thursday, February 15 5:30pm, Dot McClure Theater: Plant, Preserve, Protect “Wild and Scenic” Film Festival screening and discussion
- Friday, February 16, 11am, WC Bradley Gallery “Plant, Preserve, Protect” lecture and UpTown Urban Canopy Tour Sponsored by the Columbus Coalition for Sound Growth
- Friday, February 16 3pm, Uptown Hammock Park
- Friday, February 16, 5:30pm-7pm, CSU Corn Center for the Visual Arts “Plant, Preserve, Protect” Green Patriot Poster Exhibition Reception and Awards
- Saturday, February 17, 10:30am CSU Bay Gallery “Wild and Scenic” Children’s Film Screening and Story Time
Contact us here for more information.